Saturday, January 08, 2005

Chapter 4, Wherein She Holds Her First Concert, Albeit for a Captive Audience of One

Last night V. came over, so as to avoid spending the evening at her own place--which is just down the block and filled to the brim with stinky-boy roommates. Little did she know that she was actually being lured into the Guitar Girl's web. No sooner had she arrived than I picked up my six-stringed weapon and began regaling her with the three songs I know.

V., being the diplomatic type, was very complimentary. That is to say she complimented my voice--and stayed far, far away from the question of my guitar abilities.

For my part, I found myself trying really hard to play better than I usually do. And oddly, it seemed to work: I believe I played better with her there listening to me. Which makes me wonder:

If a Guitar Girl plays while there is no one around to hear her, does she really play at all?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home