Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Wherein She Waits (and Has Lackluster Practice, and Blames the Moon)

Today I finally wrote an email to Bryan, my Shambhala friend who teaches guitar lessons. I saw his fiancee this weekend and she told me he just took a studio in Williamsburg--my neighborhood--and is open for business! (I'm so excited, because I didn't really need to be hauling my guitar on the G train to get to his place in Fort Greene.) So now I'm just waiting for him to respond. Soon after that: our first lesson!

I practiced tonight for about 40 minutes but it wasn't great. I came home early from my Buddhist studies class (skipped the discussion) because I was feeling lousy. I thought I wanted to practice, but when I got here my practice was lackluster.

At the risk of exposing my woo-woo nature, I think it has to do with the full moon. As my friend J. mentioned the other day, "We know the effects of the moon on the ocean . . . and humans are 80% water. You do the math."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home